Translate

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The birth of a blog

It all started with this,"It's my blog and my rules!. If you don't like it, get your own blog!"

This was the response when I ask blogger "Westbrook" why she was deleting my comments on her blog. My comments were emails exposing various activities happening in the Seattle school district special education dept., including emails showing how some members of various groups were receiving preferential treatment for their students in exchange for controlling the groups activities and stifling discontent by parents.

The goal of this blog is to provide information to other parents of students with SLDs and chronicle our activism to change the discrimination against dyslexic students.

Please keep checking back, the fight is on!    

UPDATE Someone needs a wellness check

UPDATE  13 months after starting my blog I received the below threatening email,

What does Westbrook's blog really stand for

From: Melissa Westbrook <sss.westbrook@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 12:25 AM
Subject: change that URL and blog name
To: "christophersen4schools@gmail.com" <christophersen4schools@gmail.com>


It is incredibly disrespectful to use my blog name and URL for your own purposes.  I will only ask once that you change it.

Melissa Westbrook

Seattle Schools Community Forum blog
@westbrookmel 

------------------------------------------
Days after I received the above email, I received a phone call from Westbrook again threatening some sort a retaliation if I didn't give her the password to my blog.

The next few weeks my phone ran with responses to fake craigslist  ads and my email account filled with all sorts of spam and fake request to help with my campaign.

-----------

You would hope once the election was over that Westbrook would have stopped, but she continued to insist that I give her control of this blog.

In 2017 I attended a school meeting for RESMS where my daughter was assigned to. The meeting was at the Lincoln building. As far as I know Westbrook has no children attending RESMS or any school in the district.

 I had to leave before the meeting ended and as I walked out of the building Westbrook came running at me down the hallway screaming " Don't you ever talk to me again you %^&*%" .  It was very concerning that someone so creepy , so unhinged and without children in SPS would be at the meeting only to harass a parent who does have students in SPS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment